Scholarship awards are based upon the decisions of the Scholarship Committee of the Women’s Overseas Service League Board of Directors. Scholarships average $500.00 to $1000.00 annually and may be renewed for a second year if the recipient maintains and reports satisfactory progress as delineated in the scholarship award criteria.
Scholarship awards may be granted to women who:
- Are committed to advancement in military or other public service careers.
- Have demonstrated such commitment through life experiences.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 12 semester (or 18 quarter) hours of study in any institution of higher education with a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Are admitted for study in an institution of higher learning in a program leading to an academic degree (Associate Degree or higher). The program may be professional or technical in nature.
- Agree to enroll for a minimum of six semester (or nine quarter) hours of study each academic period.
- Agree to maintain academic standards.
Applicants must complete the Scholarship Application form in its entirety and include all documentation, including resume, transcripts, essays and references as specified on the application form.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED NO LATER THAN MARCH 1 FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THE NEXT ACADEMIC YEAR
Please print out both pages of the WOSL Scholarship Application form and mail the completed form with all associated documentation to:
Women’s Overseas Service League
PO Box 124
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-0124
For questions, please use our email contact form.